2.08.2006

every picture tells a story...

and every story has a bit of love behind it.



I have been going through some hard times in my life. True, my friends are behind or near me most of the time, but there are other parts of my life that make the rest miserable: my work sucks (but isn't that how work is supposed to be?), I don't really know where I'm heading to and every day I feel lonelier.

Sometimes we take certain aspects of our lives and try to make them perfect. We immerse ourselves in work to compensate our lack of personal fulfillment. We materialize every emotion and shop away our worries in order to forget our existential meaninglessness. We oversocialize on a non-personal basis because deep inside, we're afraid of sharing our deepest thoughts with one and only one person.

And this is where the girl comes in (she always seems to, doesn't she?). Whenever I lose balance in one of my "perfect" spots (in this case, work), I realize how deep this overcompensation has gone into my being. Every time work stresses me out, my lack of emotional fulfillment is brought out. And this is where things start to clear for me. Maybe I work too much and worry too much about unimportant events. Maybe I try to keep my mind busy all of the time and forget what is meaningful for me. And maybe, just maybe, I am, after all, in love.

And only accept it when I'm down.

0 Comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal