5.19.2006

reign o'er me....

I've always loved rainy days. The sky closes as a silver lining substitutes blue gold. The birds start flying home, searching for a place to pass the storm at. Suddenly a cold blow covers your body and streams through your soul, while the smells in the air thrust into your senses. Light recedes as an instant of peace welcomes that first drop. Some say that the sky starts falling. I like to say that the world starts living. Greens become greener. The air becomes pure as the earth opens its mouth to receive a fresh drink of that precious liquid. Water pours down as right as only rain can be.
For some, rain marks the beginning of spring. For others, it's a sign of winter. For us, living in a land in an eternal season of growth, these downpours only mean quiet afternoons indoors and adventurous experiences outside. Dancing with your lover under the rain or staying home alone, letting the continous resonnance of drops hitting the land turn the noise into quiet.
When the world awakens after a shower of liquid sunshine, everything is more alive than it was minutes before. Life begins and ends with rain.
When you come inside after walking under the rain, a hot bath and dry clothes are the closest to paradise you could ever wish for. Whenever I feel myself in that situation, memories dress my mind as a mixed feeling of nostalgia and relief envelop me.

I love rainy days.

1 Comentarios:

Blogger Nuno Vasco dijo...

I'm only happy when it rains as well . There is all this mistique about rainy days , that sunny days just can't seem to match . It's something that in my opinion , is quite difficult to describe , but you manage to pull it off quite nicely . Excelent post , Nunovsky , Portugal !

4:08 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal