3.02.2006

back to life

we walked on bridges
while they were burning
we stopped halfway to the shore
and watched the show as our bodies caught fire
her light was red and mine was green
our souls flew lost into the night
as we lit each other's way

we stepped on stones
as she said to me "don't go"
but i walked as she stayed behind
following me with her stare
next to me in her mind
my eyes were red and hers were green
our souls touched each other's light
as the rain brought us back to life

"Pero a ti, en tu pequeño planeta, te bastaba correr tu silla unos pasos. Y mirabas el crepúsculo siempre que te apetecía...
- ¡Un día vi ponerse el sol cuarenta y tres veces!
Y un poco más tarde añadías:
- Sabes... cuando uno se encuentra tan triste, gustan las puestas del sol...
-¿Tan triste estabas el día de las cuarenta y trs veces?
Pero el principito no respondió."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Le petit prince.

5 Comentarios:

Blogger Christina K Brown dijo...

our souls touched each other's light
as the rain brought us back to life



I am completely frustrated that I have forgotten my spanish. I remember enough to only recognize a few of the words but not enough to follow the passage. I am going to be forced to get out my Spanish dictionary and translate it, this will be good for me.

Thank you or rather, garcias.

11:46 p. m.  
Blogger pete dijo...

I'll give you a hand:

But on your tiny planet, my little prince, all you need do is move your chair a few steps. You can see the day end and the twilight falling whenever you like . . .
"One day," you said to me, "I saw the sunset forty-four times!"
And a little later you added:
"You know--one loves the sunset, when one is so sad . . ."
"Were you so sad, then?" I asked, "on the day of the forty-four sunsets?"
But the little prince made no reply

6:37 a. m.  
Blogger Christina K Brown dijo...

Es muy Bonita..

That is as much as I can remember off the top of my head. Thank you for helping me out. I knew it was from the Littlest Prince because I recognized enough words.

I know enough Spanish to be dangerous. LOL

There are poems that I am going to look up the words for...because the translation looses something.

Spainish is a so much more loving.

Instead Saying: I hate soup.

I have hate for the soup.

Much different meaning, don't you think?


Me gusto su poemas...(I don't know poems in Spanish.)

5:29 p. m.  
Blogger pete dijo...

i think that every laguage has its beauties. that's why sometimes you see me jump from english to spanish to french...

if you ever need some more help on translations, just ask, I'd be happy to translate and I'll try to keep the meaning.

7:16 p. m.  
Blogger Christina K Brown dijo...

I only took one year of french so that is a one I don't know...

Spanish...

I lived in Spain as a small child and went to Kindergarden there.
I grew up going to Rocky Point almost every weekend my whole life. I took Spanish every year in school from 7th grade threw college.

I use to dream in Spanish but if you don't use it you really do loose it.

My father-in--law is Mexican (green card) and he talks Spanish to me when he is drinking...but it doesn't always make sense.

Thank you for helping me.

7:35 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal